Brochure Type: Preview 2018 USA
See Europe through the eyes of your ever-curious tots as you embark on a family road trip from Rome to London filled with lashings of lion fights, carnival masks, chariot racing and cheesy pizza you'll learn to make yourself. This is an unforgettable, hands-on exploration of Europe that will bring the destination alive for all ages.
- City tour in Rome, Florence, Bologna, Paris and London
- Orientation of Siena, Venice and Lucerne
- See the Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- View the ancient sites of Rome, Juliet's Balcony in Verona, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the spectacular Alpine scenery of Switzerland, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the White Cliffs of Dover
- Visit St. Peter's Basilica and the Colosseum in Rome and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- 12 hot buffet breakfasts
- 6 dinners
- A family cooking experience with all the trimmings! Learn how to make the perfect Italian pizza and enjoy it with your family.
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your London hotel.
- Ferry across the Channel from Calais to Dover.
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Drop-off if you stay at the Trafalgar recommended London hotel, booked through Trafalgar, or from the London Reception Centre.
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply.
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 728-1506 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13495341
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 13 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Arrive Rome (2 Nights): Welcome to Rome, the Eternal City. Relax after your journey. In the evening enjoy an orientation drive where you see some of the major sites before enjoying a Kick-off Party with your fellow travellers and Travel Director.Kick-Off Party|
Crowne Plaza St Peters
|Day 2||Rome||Rome Sightseeing: Your sightseeing tour with a Local Specialist starts with a visit to St. Peter's Basilica where you see Michelangelo's Renaissance masterpiece, the Pietà. Cross the Tiber to ancient Rome and visit the famous Colosseum. See the Circus Maximus where chariot racing was held. Later gain a Cultural Insight during an Italian pizza cooking demonstration. Roll the dough, scatter your ingredients on top and bake in a traditional pizza oven before eating.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 3||Florence||Rome - Siena - Florence (2 Nights): Head north through the picturesque Chianti wine-producing region. In the beautiful medieval town of Siena stroll through cobbled streets to the magnificent Piazza del Campo, where the colourful Palio bareback horse race takes place every year. On arrival to Florence admire amazing city views from Piazzale Michelangelo. Join your companions this evening for a special Italian Regional Meal.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
Grand Hotel Mediterraneo
|Day 4||Florence||Florence Sightseeing: Florence is the birthplace of the Renaissance and home to many artistic masterpieces. View the marble Duomo and visit Piazza della Signoria during your walking tour of the city with a Local Specialist. Spend free time afterwards exploring on your own or perhaps join an Optional Experience to Pisa. Later admire amazing city views from Piazzale Michelangelo and taste a delicious mouth-watering gelato.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 5||Venice||Florence - Bologna - Venice (2 Nights): Cross the Apennine Mountains to the city of Bologna. Here your Local Specialist will show you the Kissing Towers and Neptune's Fountain before enjoying free time to sample typical Italian cuisine for your lunch. Later arrive in Venice, Queen of the Adriatic.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Novotel Venezia Mestre Castellana
|Day 6||Venice||Venice Orientation: See the marvellous Byzantine architecture as you cruise by private launch to St. Mark's Square. See the Bridge of Sighs, ornate Doge's Palace, St. Mark's Basilica and Campanile. Enjoy a Cultural Insight into the Venetian tradition of glass making on Giudecca Island. Learn about the great Venetian tradition of Carnival masks from a Local Specialist a chance for the children to paint and decorate a mask of their very own. In your free time perhaps cruise across the lagoon to Burano Island for a delicious meal.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Engelberg||Venice - Verona - Engelberg (2 Nights): Drive west across the Veneto plains and stop in Shakespeare's Verona to see the Roman Arena and Juliet's balcony. Your journey continues past the commercial centre of Milan and north via Como and Lugano to the Swiss Lake District. Traverse the scenic alpine St. Gotthard route into central Switzerland and arrive at the winter sports resort of Engelberg.Buffet Breakfast|
Ramada Regina Titlis Engelberg
|Day 8||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Your orientation tour of historic Lucerne includes the Lion Monument, built to commemorate the heroism of the Swiss guards during the French Revolution. Walk across the 14th century wooden Chapel Bridge and see beautiful swans gliding on the lake. Don't miss the opportunity to take an exciting Optional Experience to one of the surrounding mountain with breathtaking views. Later there is time to shop for Swiss souvenirs including watches and chocolate.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
|Day 9||Paris||Engelberg - Paris (2 Nights): From Switzerland cross the River Rhine and the French border. Travel through the famous Burgundy wine region and view the sprawling vineyards. Later in the glittering capital Paris, you have the chance to sample the delights that await you tomorrow.Buffet Breakfast|
Novotel Centre Tour Eiffel
|Day 10||Paris||Paris Sightseeing: Your Local Specialist provides fascinating commentary during your guided sightseeing tour, which includes a drive along the Champs Élysées with views of the Arc de Triomphe and Place de la Concorde. From the second level of the Eiffel Tower see the city laid out before you in all its glory. Tonight celebrate with your companions and Travel Director at a special Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 11||London||Paris - London (2 Nights): Travel past First World War battlefields on the way to Calais. Cross by ferry to Dover and see the famous White Cliffs before arriving in London.Buffet Breakfast|
Crowne Plaza Kings Cross Bloomsbury
|Day 12||London||London Sightseeing: See all the major sights in the capital this morning with your Local Specialist, including views of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and Westminster Abbey. Afterwards, spend free time exploring some of the many attractions or shop in the West End and Knightsbridge.Full Breakfast|
|Day 13||Depart London||Depart London: Say goodbye to your companions in London at the end of a memorable holiday.Full Breakfast|
- International Air: Trafalgar guarantees to quote you the lowest possible airfare available on the day that you book. Please note that airfares are not included in the prices above.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class