Brochure Type: AWS Europe and Britain 1819
From the White Cliffs of Dover to the lush Burgundy vineyards of France, delve into the mesmerising landscapes of Europe - its rich heritage and distinctive flavours yours to share with new friends. Explore Amsterdam from its labyrinthine canals, soak up Lucerne's fresh Alpine air, and say 'bienvenue' to the sophistication and splendour of Paris.
- City tour in London and Paris
- Cruise along the canals of Amsterdam and the River Rhine
- Orientation of Amsterdam, Heidelberg and Lucerne
- See the Lorelei Rock, Vineyards of Burgundy and the Somme Battlefields
- View the White Cliffs of Dover, the Chapel Bridge in Lucerne and the Champs Elysees, Arc de Triomphe and Opera House in Paris
- Visit the Rhine Falls in Schaffhausen, the Lion Monument in Lucerne and the Eiffel Tower in Paris
- 8 hot buffet breakfasts.
- 2 dinners (including Be My Guest with local wine)
- 1 dinner
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host if you stay at Trafalgar's recommended London hotel.
- Return ferry across the Channel from Dover to Calais
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage and local charges included
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- London airport transfer service is available to purchase. Conditions apply. See airport transfer page link below for details
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 728-1506 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13960174
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Arrive London (2 Nights): Welcome to London - a heady mix of old and new, from the palaces, parks and cathedrals of yesteryear to the trendy city streets of Soho and Shoreditch. After checking into your hotel, spend the rest of your day embracing the energy of this cosmopolitan capital, meandering down the lush tree-lined Mall from Nelson's Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace, admiring the bright lights of Piccadilly and exploring art, antiquities and cultural treasures in the city's magnificent museums.|
|Day 2||London||London Sightseeing: Today we join a Local Specialist to explore the iconic symbols of London on a guided sightseeing tour of this vibrant city. See Big Ben, the "prince of timekeepers", the imposing Houses of Parliament and the home of Britain's royal family, Buckingham Palace. Our sightseeing tour concludes in central London from where you'll have an opportunity to spend the rest of the day discovering the city on your terms. Board the London Eye for a bird's-eye view of the capital, explore centuries of bloody British history at the Tower of London or meander through Hyde Park amidst the sweet smell of blooms and manicured green lawns, stopping in at Speaker's Corner to see the power of free speech in action.Full Breakfast|
|Day 3||Amsterdam||London - Amsterdam: Meet your Travel Director this morning before leaving London. See the White Cliffs of Dover as you board your ferry to Calais. Travel through Belgium and later arrive in Amsterdam. Enjoy an orientation of the historic city centre followed by a Welcome Reception on a scenic canal cruise including a light dinner and welcome drinks.Full Breakfast, Welcome Reception|
|Day 4||Heidelberg||Amsterdam - Rhine Cruise - Heidelberg: Travel across the German border to the Rhine Valley. Relax as you cruise along the River Rhine past terraced vineyards and medieval castles to St. Goar. Pass the famous Lorelei Rock, named after a mermaid who lured fishermen to their deaths with her mesmerising song. In Heidelberg view the red sandstone castle, one of the most important Renaissance structures north of the Alps, which towers above Germany's oldest university town.Buffet Breakfast, Dinner|
Achat Premium Walldorf/Reilingen
|Day 5||Lucerne||Heidelberg - Schaffhausen - Lucerne (2 Nights): Drive into the enchanting Black Forest and stop for a Cultural Insight cuckoo clock making demonstration. Visit the dramatic Rhine Falls at Schaffhausen, the largest waterfall in Europe. Arrive later in Switzerland with its alpine scenery and enjoy magnificent views across Lake Lucerne.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation: Walk across the 14th century Chapel Bridge on your morning orientation. Visit the solemn Lion Monument, commemorating the Massacre of the Swiss Guards in 1792. Spend the afternoon shopping in the old town for Swiss souvenirs and chocolates. Consider an Optional Experience up a local mountain for panoramic views and enjoy the fresh Alpine air by taking a leisurely walk beside the beautiful lake.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Paris||Lucerne - Burgundy Wine Region - Paris (2 Nights): See the changing landscape as you travel into France through Alsace and across the Maginot Line. Continue through the Burgundy countryside - one of the country's main wine-producing regions, famous for Chardonnay and Pinot Noir grape varieties. This evening you may decide to take an Optional Experience to enjoy a famous Parisian Cabaret.Buffet Breakfast|
Renaissance La Defense
|Day 8||Paris||Paris Sightseeing: Your Local Specialist shows you the sights including views of the Champs Elysees, the Arc de Triomphe and the magnificent Opera House, designed by Charles Garnier and opened in 1875. Ascend to the second level of the Eiffel Tower by elevator and view the city in all its glory. Spend the afternoon as you wish. Perhaps take an Optional Experience to visit the Palace of Versailles. Celebrate in the evening with your fellow travellers at a Farewell Dinner in a local restaurant.Buffet Breakfast, Farewell Dinner|
|Day 9||London||Paris - London: After breakfast say 'au revoir' to Paris. Cross the infamous Somme battlefields and catch a glimpse of the Canadian War Memorial at Vimy Ridge. In Calais board a ferry to Dover, continuing to London by coach where your wonderful European holiday comes to an end.Buffet Breakfast|
- Your London Hotel: This trip starts and ends at our London Reception Centre or The Tower hotel, providing that you have reserved your accommodation at this hotel through Trafalgar.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class