Brochure Type: Europe Britain Presale 2021 TTUSAS
See Switzerland's cities and countryside by rail, taking the Golden Pass Route to the heart of the Alps and the medieval city of Lucerne to pay homage to the Swiss Guard.
- ORIENTATION of Zurich, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Geneva and Lucerne
- VISIT Interlaken
- VIEW the Matterhorn and Jungfrau mountains (weather permitting), the Jet d'Eau in Geneva and the Lion Monument and Chapel Bridge in Lucerne
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 lunch
- 3 dinners
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Daily breakfast and up to half your evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with Wi-Fi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- High-speed train from Zermatt to Geneva.
- All rail service is reserved in standard class.
- Glacier Express Train from St. Moritz to Zermatt.
- Golden Pass route train journey from Geneva to Lucerne.
- Handcrafted Highlights
- VIP entry to many sights
Call (800) 728-1506 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15046022
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 9/30/2020
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Zurich||Arrive Zurich: Zurich is our springboard to a spectacular journey through Switzerland. Explore its mix of ancient heritage and modern verve during your orientation tour before joining your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception to launch your Swiss experience.|
|Day 2||St. Moritz||Zurich - St. Moritz: Our love affair with the snow-capped peaks of Switzerland begins on a scenic train journey via Chur to the stylish resort of St. Moritz, set against the beautiful backdrop of Lake St. Moritz. Admire the inspiring natural setting and perhaps travel on one of Switzerland's most spectacular rail routes across the Bernina pass this afternoon, before dining at your hotel tonight.|
|Day 3||Zermatt||St. Moritz - Glacier Express - Zermatt (2 Nights): Embrace the glamour and romance of a bygone era. Watch the epic alpine landscapes drift past as you chug along one of the world's most unforgettable rail journeys from the comfort of the Glacier Express. Cross hundreds of bridges and the Oberalp Pass at 2,033 metres above sea level. Enjoy an included lunch on board as you journey past lakes and glaciers bound for the resort town of Zermatt, at the foothills of the imposing Matterhorn. Enjoy views of the Alps at the Ambassador Hotel, one of Trafalgar's 'Stays With Stories'.|
|Day 4||Zermatt||Zermatt Orientation and Free Time: Join your Travel Director for an orientation walk around this car-free resort before spending the rest of the day on your own, indulging in the tranquil mountain atmosphere. Consider an Optional Experience to the Klein Matterhorn, ascending over snow-capped mountains to Europe's highest cable car station.|
|Day 5||Zermatt||Zermatt - Geneva Orientation: We board a train to sophisticated Geneva where your orientation will include views of the Old Town, Jet d'Eau and the Flower Clock, paying tribute to the city's centuries-old watchmaking traditions. Later, explore the sights of this lakeside city on your own. Stroll through the ancient maze of medieval streets and quiet squares or consider a cruise - enjoying views of the lakeside villages.|
|Day 6||Lucerne||Geneva - Interlaken - Lucerne (2 Nights): Picture-perfect landscapes are our constant companion as we journey from Geneva along the Golden Pass route. We stop at Interlaken in the heart of the Swiss Alps, located at the foot of a trio of famous peaks - the Eiger, Monch and Jungfrau. Spend some time at leisure and enjoy superb views of the peaks of the Bernese Oberland. We follow the Brunig Pass to the lakeside town of Lucerne in central Switzerland, where we will stay for the next two nights. The evening is free to spend as you wish, but you could choose to show off your vocal talents and learn how to yodel during an optional fun-packed Swiss folklore show with fondue dinner.|
|Day 7||Lucerne||Lucerne Orientation and Free Time: Mountain top peaks surround you as you wander through the medieval streets of Lucerne on an orientation walk. Visit the poignant Lion Monument, built in memory of the Swiss Guard who bravely defended Louis XVI during the French Revolution. View the covered wooden Chapel Bridge spanning the Reuss with its decorated wooden panels, which chronicle the history of Lucerne. Later consider an Optional Experience to a nearby mountain peak, or explore the Old Town and shop for delicious Swiss chocolate. Tonight, we join our Travel Director and fellow travel companions for a Farewell Dinner with wine in a local restaurant.|
|Day 8||Zurich||Lucerne - Depart Zurich: We say a fond farewell to Switzerland and newfound friends at the end of a remarkable Swiss holiday. Your Travel Director will give you tickets for the short train journey from Lucerne to Zurich Airport, which can be used at your convenience for the onward journey.|
- Drinking Water: Tap water is safe to drink in all of the destinations on this trip. Please remember to bring a water bottle.
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class